What’s the best way to get a guy hooked on your texts?
The answer is an attention-grabbing message. But writing these types of messages can be especially hard if writing isn’t exactly your strong suit.
It’s okay. That’s what we’re here for.
Today, we’ll show you what to text a guy to catch his attention. To make sure you’re covered, we’re also going to ensure you understand what not to do.
So get comfy and keep scrolling for a ton of ideas.
What to Text a Guy to Catch His Attention
When you want to start an intriguing conversation…
You can display some of your depth to him by using a one-of-a-kind conversation starter. This means asking him deep, unusual questions that he may have never been asked before.
Profound questions can be interesting, but fun ones might be better here. Make it personal by asking him about his hobbies and what he’s into, which includes things like books, movies, shows, or sports.
There’s another option for interesting conversation starters, too: using a conversational hook that’ll raise his curiosity. It works really well when something unusual has happened to you, because it gives you the opportunity to tell him a story.
What this overall method does is simple: it shows you off as the unique woman that you are. It also keeps him on his toes.
- “What’s the scariest thing that’s ever happened to you?”
- “Would you ever stay in a haunted house for a night?”
- “What are your favorite video games?”
- “If you could meet one fictional character, who would you pick and why?”
- “Are there any historical people you’d want to meet?”
- “What would you do if you won a million dollars tomorrow?”
- “What’s one song you think I’d like that I probably haven’t heard yet?”
- “What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever eaten?”
- “If you could only watch one show for the rest of your life, which one would you choose?”
- The food version: “If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would you pick?”
- “Are there any places you’d like to travel to someday?”
- “Who do you think is the worst team in history?” (Perfect for sports fans!)
- “You’ll never believe what happened to me today…”
- “I just saw the weirdest thing.”
- “I just heard something crazy on the way to work this morning.”
Use these when you want to make him smile…
You Might Also Like: What to Text a Guy Before Bed (To Make Him Want You)
Use texts like this when warm and fuzzy is what you’re aiming for. Adding a playful twist to them keeps your texts light, breezy, and flirty.
That means you can express your feelings for him without giving him too much too soon. Basically, it keeps you from looking like the dreaded clinger that always drives a good guy away.
- “Houston, we’ve got a problem: I can’t seem to get you out of my head.”
- “Send me a picture of you. I want to see your handsome face again.”
- “I heard this song today that reminded me of you.” (Then send him a link to the song.)
- “I had so much fun with you last time. I can’t wait to see you again.”
- “How does you, me, and some coffee at that café downtown sound?”
- “I heard some coworkers talking about the sexiest guys in the world. There was one problem with their list, though: it was missing you.”
- “I’d definitely rather be with you right now.”
- “I can’t believe how much I’m missing you already.”
- “Hey, sexy. 😉 Are you missing me yet?”
- “I probably shouldn’t be texting you while I’m work/school, but I think you’re worth the risk.”
There are whole courses out there dedicated to helping women make any man fall in love. Our personal favorite is this Text Chemistry course because Amy North uses psychologically proven techniques guaranteed to drive him wild.
Read Also: This is What to Text a Guy After Making Out
When you’re looking to make him literally laugh out loud…
You’ve most likely heard people say that the fastest way to a guy’s heart is through his stomach before.
That may be true in many cases, but it’s far from the only fast way. Here’s a secret: making him laugh a lot is another surefire way to snare his attention (and his heart).
Sharing jokes, funny videos, or memes with him makes you look lively and entertaining. It also makes your conversation light and refreshing.
Make him laugh enough, and you may be the first person he wants to turn to when he’s had a bad day.
- Find the worst pickup line possible online and send it to him.
- Text him a meme that reminds you of him.
- Challenge him to a contest to come up with the most groan-inducing pun ever.
- Dad jokes are famous for how terrible they are, but they’re a guilty pleasure for many people. Look some up and send him the cheesiest ones.
- Got any YouTube videos saved that always make you laugh? Share one with him.
Recommended Article: What to Text a Guy after Sleeping with Him (How to Keep Him Interested)
To make him drool over you…
A little sexiness never hurts. Sprinkle it into some your text convos to remind him that you’re definitely worth chasing.
What do you get out of it? It drastically boosts his interest in you and gets him hot for you.
Honestly, you’ll probably catch his attention faster this way than with any other option out there. One word of caution we offer in this case, though, is to keep from using these types of messages too much.
The problem with too much of a good thing is it gets boring. Send sexy messages too often, and he’ll assume he can get sex from you whenever he wants, which takes all the fun out of the chase.
- “I’ve been fantasizing you about you all day today.”
- “I don’t think I’ll be able to keep my hands off you the next time I see you.”
- “Have I ever told you that I don’t wear anything to bed?”
- “What would you want to do to me if we were together right now?”
- “I can’t stop thinking about the way you kiss me.”
- “You’ll definitely play a big part in my dreams tonight…”
- “I’m not sure I’ll be able to sleep later with all these thoughts of you running through my head…”
- “Want to guess what kind of underwear I’m wearing right now?”
- Compliment a specific body part of his – one that’s below his face.
- Send him a tastefully sexy selfie. (Depending on where you are in your relationship, you might not trust him with a full nude, but a bit of cleavage goes a long way here.)
Read Also: What to Text a Guy after Sleeping with Him
Keep Away From These Common Texting Mistakes
Now that you’ve got his attention, you need to keep it on you. But his attention is like a spotlight, and one wrong move is going to be painfully noticeable.
Don’t let yourself stumble when he’s focusing on you. These are some common texting mistakes that infatuated women make, and you’ll need to stay away from them at all costs.
Double (or even more) texting.
It’s natural to want to keep talking to someone you’ve got a crush on. When they’re not answering you right away, you might start worrying that he didn’t get your message or you need to say something else to keep him interested.
Stop right there. Don’t send him more than one or two texts at a time.
If you send him a whole string of them, he’ll get the message that you’re impatient and demanding. Even worse, it’ll seem like you have nothing better to do than talk to him.
One-word messages and answers.
We get it: sometimes it’s so difficult to think of what to say next. The easy way out is giving him a quick one-word answer like “okay,” “yeah,” or “no.”
Think about it this way: if all he did was send you texts like this, you’d think he was either boring as heck or completely uninterested in you, right? You probably wouldn’t want to keep putting effort into someone who doesn’t seem to care.
It’s the same thing on his end. Why should he put in effort when you won’t?
Sticking to basic conversational topics.
Those “hey, how are you?” texts are perfectly fine for getting a conversation started sometimes, but later on, you should know him well enough that you can come up with a better opening than that. Especially once you get started talking, you should be able to find more things to say.
Read Also: What to Text Him
Try to keep those yawn-inducing basic questions and responses locked away once the conversation is going.
Sending him pages of text.
Unless the conversation demands for the occasional in-depth reply, try to keep things short and to the point. This makes them easier to read on a small phone screen.
Plus, rambling isn’t a good look. If you constantly got texts that could fill entire pages from a guy, you’d probably get bored pretty fast, too.
More likely than not, he wouldn’t even read all of it. At the very worst, it could drive him away completely.
Asking him why he isn’t answering you or expecting him to respond right away.
It’s okay to get a little nervous when a guy isn’t answering you quickly. Being self-conscious while dating is completely natural.
But don’t let this insecurity bleed into your conversations and start asking him why he’s not answering. Don’t demand any kind of explanation from him.
People get busy. He may even be trying to play it cool with you so he doesn’t look clingy, either.
Either way, allow him his space and let him answer in due time.
Say you follow all of our other guidelines to a T, but you answer him within seconds every time he texts you. Do you know what message he’s getting from that?
Here it is: you’re telling him that you’ll drop anything you’re doing for him, that you’re hanging on his every word. Nothing will bore him faster than thinking your heart is so easily won.
Our suggestion is to take a little break in between texts here and there. Focus on yourself or something you need to do for a bit.
These pauses send him an irresistible message: that he has to work to keep your attention.
If You Need Help Grabbing His Attention Still…
Related Article: What to Text a Guy After He Cancels a Date (To Make Him Regret It)
Texting guys can be so nerve-wracking, can’t it? And it’s even worse when you really like him.
Every pause in the conversation can make it seem like he’s bored of talking to you. Each message he sends you can seem like it has a thousand different meanings.
When we need some help, we like to turn to experts like Amy North. She has a texting course designed to help you keep any man stimulated through text – both emotionally and sexually.