Texting a guy you like is a lot like performing a complex dance. It feels as if you have to follow a number of steps that aren’t immediately obvious, and if you mess it up, you’re left feeling clumsy and embarrassed.
The objective is to gracefully make him want you. Unfortunately, that’s much easier said than done.
Our goal is to help you demystify that complicated dance and win your guy’s heart. So where do you begin?
Texting is a great place to start. We’ve written 50 texts to make him want you back as a starting point for you. Of course, we’ll also be giving you advice on texting in general so you don’t go into this dance empty-handed.
Make Him Want You with Immaculate Texting Etiquette
Blasting your love interest with all the texts on this list isn’t going to immediately make him want you back. If anything, you’d just overwhelm him and scare him away.
So let’s begin by defining what “want you back” even means. When we say “want you back” in this guide, we’re not talking about winning an ex-boyfriend back after breaking up; we’ve got another guide for winning back your ex if that’s what your objective is.
We’re talking about you wanting a guy you’re not necessarily dating yet, and getting him to want you in return. Now that the definition is out of the way, let’s discuss a few rules to keep in mind while you text him….
Rule number one: don’t text him back instantly every time.
You’ll just make yourself into a commodity. Think about the things in your life that are easily accessible, like snacks or tap water. These are things you don’t deeply desire because they’re right there.
Now think about the things that you really want, such as expensive jewelry, tech, or clothes. You want these things because they’re difficult to get and earning them is therefore so much more rewarding. By not answering him right away all the time, you’re making yourself into one of those rewarding aspects of life, and he will chase you harder as a result.
You May Also Like: How to Show a Guy You Like Him Over Text
Rule number two: don’t lay all your cards on the table.
In other words, don’t start bombarding him with overly romantic text messages even if you know you’re in love with him.
Text messages like that need to be introduced gradually until you’ve secured a commitment from him. Getting too sweet too soon will give him a love toothache and drive him away.
Read Also: How to Text a Guy
Rule number three: pay attention to what he says and read the room.
Sending him a cute or sexy text might be a great way to cheer him up if he’s just had a bit of a crappy day.
On the other hand, sending him a sexy text after something terrible has just happened to him can come across as insensitive and robotic. Don’t make yourself seem like one of those creepy bots on a dating app. Be responsive to him and customize your texting strategy accordingly.
Texts to Make Him Want You Back
Like many of our other texting lists, we’re going to divide this list into categories:
- Sexy texts
- Flirty texts
- Sweet texts
The reason for this is that there are potentially different moods you’ll be hoping to inspire in your guy. We wanted to make sure you have all the tools you’ll need and that they’re easy to find.
Remember, you can modify any specific parts of these texts to make them more personal, too. And if no amount of modification will make any of these texts perfect for your man, consider checking out the text templates in the Text Chemistry program.
It’s a romance course written by a real relationship coach. Not only will it give you easy texts to use, but it will help you understand the fundamentals of becoming a better texter.
Sexy Texts to Make Him Want You Back
Are you looking for a way to get him absolutely drooling over you? There’s no better way than tantalizing him with a scintillating, sexy text.
Trust us when we say the following texts will get him wondering if he needs to turn up his AC. Appealing to his sexual nature will have him scrambling to make plans with you ASAP.
- “Guess what? My roommate’s going to be gone all weekend. I wonder what I’ll do to pass the time while I’m home alone…”
- “I spent all last night in bed, tossing and turning as I thought about you…”
- “If you were here in bed with me, I don’t think we’d be sleeping anytime soon.”
- “Let’s play hooky tomorrow and spend the whole day in bed…”
- “I’d like to formally invite you over to my place later. There’s one rule, though: no pants allowed.”
- “If you were here with me, I think we’d be hitting the snooze button more than a few times.”
- “I just got this new flavored lip gloss. Want to review how it tastes sometime?”
- “I can think of something things you might enjoy waking up to more than coffee…”
- “I just made my bed, but I won’t mind if we mess it up later.”
- “What’s your favorite color? I’m shopping for lingerie, and I’d love to pick something you’ll like seeing on me.”
- “Whenever you text me, I feel it getting hotter. I may have to start taking off my clothes to keep cool.”
- “Spend the night at my place, and I’ll give you 69 reasons not to leave tomorrow morning.”
- “Can I come over later? I’ll provide the sexy if you provide the food.”
Related Article: 10 Things to Text a Guy to Make Him Blush (That Work Every Time)
Flirty Texts to Make Him Want You Back
Obviously, sending him a sexy text is going to get him to perk up (in more ways than one), but it’s kind of low-hanging fruit. Making someone thirsty is an easy method of getting them to want you.
What if you’re not ready to make it physical, though, or you don’t want your connection to be purely physical in nature? Then you’ll want to tease him a bit with a flirty tone.
Flirtiness ups his interest, too. Plus, there’s something undeniably fun about witty flirtatious banter like the following texts that will show him how much of a blast it is to text you.
- “Has anyone told you how handsome you are today? If not, well, you’re handsome.”
- Send him a selfie of you looking your best!
- “If you come on over later, maybe I’ll make us something awesome for dinner. ”
- “Do you think we’re a better combination than peanut butter and jelly?”
- “Do you remember that time we tried out that new restaurant? I had so much fun with you.”
- “Ugh, I’m having such a rough day. I think I need a cute guy to cheer me up.”
- “I’m planning on going on an adventure this weekend. I just need a partner to share it with. You in?”
- “I almost can’t believe that someone as handsome as you is real.”
- “Seems like I have no plans this weekend…maybe I need someone to hang out with?”
- Find the cheesiest pickup line you can and send it to him.
- “Would you be okay with it if I told you you’re handsome every single day?”
- “I can’t stop thinking about our first date.”
- “It’s like you cast a spell on me. I’m bewitched every time I see you.”
- “My doctor prescribed me a kiss from a handsome man. Do you know where I can fill my prescription?”
- “I think I might just make your name in my phone the fire emoji, because dang, you’re HOT.”
- “Most people would include a bunch of actors or models on their lists of sexiest men in the world. My list just has you on it.”
- “Want to come nap with me?”
- “My friends are debating who the most handsome guy in the world is. Send me a picture so I can show them it’s you.”
- “I’m planning on binge watching *tv show on your list* this weekend. Are you in?”
- “What’s hot, wet, and ready for your mouth? Hot chocolate! If you were thinking of something else, you need to get your mind out of the gutter. ”
Additional Resource: Playful Things to Text a Guy (With 45 Examples You Can Use)
Sweet Texts to Make Him Want You Back
People like to eat decadently sweet foods. Romance can be similar – a little sweetness here and there is irresistible and goes a long way.
So if you’re searching high and low for a way to get his heart racing, sending him one of these sweet texts could be perfect.
- “I can’t stop thinking about you.”
- “How do you make me blush so much when you’re not even here with me?”
- “I wish I were lying in your arms right now.”
- “I always feel like we’re the only two people in the world when we’re together.”
- “I’m really missing you right now.”
- “I need something sweet to get me through the day. Care to send me a picture of you?”
- “I know I’m free to think about anything, but for some reason, my thoughts keep returning to you.”
- “You might be wearing normal clothes, but I think you’re still my knight in shining armor.”
- “You were in my dreams all last night, and it looks like you’re going to be in my thoughts all day today, too.”
- “I miss your face. Send me a picture?”
- “If stealing hearts was a crime, you’d be in jail right now for stealing mine.”
- “I was having a bad day, but then you texted me and made it much better.”
- “How does every day with you keep getting better and better?”
- “Every time I see your name on my phone, my heart skips a beat.”
- “Your chest is my favorite pillow.”
- “Stop texting me so much! My cheeks are starting to hurt from how much you’re making me smile.”
- “My family/friends must think I’m crazy. I can’t stop smiling at my phone every time you text me.”
Extra Help: What to Text a Guy You Can’t Stop Thinking About
Learn to Become an Unstoppable Seductive Force
Sending him a text from this guide is one thing, but what comes after that? When he responds, what’s going to be your next step in the texting dance?
If you’re feeling a little overwhelmed, don’t worry – you’re not alone. Countless other men and women alike feel what you’re feeling right now, which is why there’s an abundance of resources designed to help you become the best seductive texter you can be.
We personally favor the Text Chemistry program as a romance resource. Amy North, the course’s creator, is a talented relationship coach. We’re confident she can equip you with all the tools you’ll need to keep him hooked all through text.