Everyone knows long-distance relationships are hard. You have to go for long periods of time without getting to see the person you love – no dates, no staying over, no being able to rely on them to come support you when there’s an emergency.
Plus, you have to worry about him potentially finding someone else who’s even closer than you are. This can leave you feeling nervous no matter how secure you normally are.
So, what can you do to make sure you’re always on his mind? One of the most effective strategies is to send him well-crafted text messages. The right message can make him feel as if you’re right there with him.
In the event you’re not sure what to say, we’ve got your back. Here are 60 texts to make him miss you.
Keep This in Mind to Make Your Long-Distance Strategy Effective
Even the best text messages won’t be worth much if you do other things to tarnish your long-distance relationship. Backing out of a relationship is in many ways easier when you’re far apart; he doesn’t have to deal with the possibility of running into you anywhere.
This is why it’s important to be even more careful than usual when you’re texting in a long-distance relationship. We’ve discussed texting etiquette in many other articles, but it’s worth bringing up again here as a reminder…
For starters, don’t make it seem as if your world revolves around him. Don’t answer all of his text messages within minutes and don’t always be available whenever he wants to call you.
Read Also: How to Text a Guy
Not only is this important to do because it means he won’t take you for granted, but it’s important for your own mental and emotional health. You need to have a satisfying life outside of him to be happy as a person.
Be sure you’re also not texting him too much. You get a bit more flexibility than you would in a traditional relationship since more of your communication will be done by text. However, you still probably don’t want to make it a habit of sending him several texts in a row.
If you do, you’ll only smother him with your attention. Give him breathing space and time to answer you. This will show him that, if you’re able to live closer in the future, you won’t be clinging to him the entire time.
Don’t forget to have fun, too! You’re in a relationship because you like the guy. Talking to him shouldn’t feel like a chore.
Yes, a little nervousness and tension is normal. All relationships have their ups and downs…but if your relationship is down more often than it’s up, you might want to re-evaluate it whether it’s right for you.
Texts to Make Him Miss You
We’ve conveniently divided the texts we came up with into three categories: sweet, flirty, and sexy. That way, if there’s a particular way you want to make him feel, you’ll know exactly which section to go to.
Every man is different. We can’t guarantee that there will be a text message on this list that will feel completely perfect for every guy out there. You can feel free to make changes to them as necessary for a better fit.
But if you still can’t find the right text message for him, don’t lose hope! Check out this Text Chemistry resource that you can use to make yourself an irresistible texter.
Sweet Texts to Make Him Miss You
A little romance goes a long way in relationships – even long-distance ones. The following texts are designed to show him you care about him.
Some take a more practical approach by indicating you remember details about his daily life. Others are cheesier and are perfect for making him smile at his phone.
- “I was just thinking about our first date. I had so much fun!”
- “Do you remember how we met?”
- “I’m missing you so much right now.”
- “I wish you were lying here next to me.”
- “If I could be anywhere in the world right now, it would be with you.”
- “We might be hundreds of miles apart, but I feel like you’re right beside me.”
- “I can’t wait for the day I get to wake up beside you.”
- “If I could wish for anything right now, I’d wish to be with you.”
- “Hey, I remember you said you had an interview today. How did it go?”
- “I really miss the sound of your voice. Think we could get on a call later?”
- “I love when I see your name pop up on my screen.”
- “Every time someone knocks on my door, I hope that it’s you surprising me.”
- “Before I met you, I said I’d never do a long-distance relationship. But here we are, and I think it’s totally worth it.”
- “I’ll do anything to make it work with you.”
- “I’m counting down the days until I see you again.”
- “I’d fly all the way across the world just to kiss you.”
- “It’s too bad your arms can’t reach all the way here. I’d love to wrap myself in them.”
- “You’re worth the wait.”
- “I know I’m not physically there, but I’m still here for you.”
- “A thousand miles is nothing compared to what I feel for you.”
- “I have to change my sleep schedule just to talk to you…but I don’t regret it at all.”
- “Just thinking about you makes me fall in love over and over again.”
- “I don’t know if I’ll be able to leave your side again the next time I see you.”
- “No matter how far apart we get, I’ll always come back to you.”
- “I’m so happy you picked me, even though there are other people closer to you.”
You Might Also Like: 50 Texts to Make Him Feel Special (And Maybe Give Him Butterflies)
Flirty Texts to Make Him Miss You
If all you did was eat sweets, you’d quickly get sick of them. The same thing applies to sweet, romantic texts – they’re great in moderation, but your relationship will lack any real substance if that’s the only way you talk to each other.
Flirty texts like these are great for when you want something with some personality. Sending him these texts will make him laugh or push him to make plans with you.
- “Just wanted to drop in and remind you how cute you are.”
- “I feel like you must have bought a one-way ticket to my heart.”
- Send him a selfie you feel good about.
- “Just had a crappy day. A picture of your handsome face might make me feel better.”
- “Am I appearing in your dreams as much as you’ve been appearing in mine?”
- “I was trying to mail you something cute, but I don’t think I’d fit in your mailbox…”
- “They say absence makes the heart grow fonder. In that case, we’ll be head over heels for each other in no time.”
- “How can you make me smile so much when you’re not even here?”
- “Is it weird that I pretend you’re here with me sometimes?”
- “I can’t wait to kiss you again.”
- “Let’s both order pizza tonight and pretend we’re having dinner together.”
- “What should we do the next time we see each other?”
- “Let’s find a game we can play together online. I bet I can beat you every time.”
- “Want to binge watch a new show with me? We can watch it at the same time.”
- “Waking up to your face would be better than any cup of coffee.”
- “Where’s the first place you’d take me if I was there with you?”
- “How far do you think a kiss can travel if I blow one in your direction?”
- “If I had a dollar for every time I daydreamed about you, I don’t think I’d need to work again.”
- “You need to come see me soon. My cat/dog is starting to miss you!”
- “I can’t stop looking at pictures of you. Send me a new one?”
- “The next time I see you, I’m going to kiss you for every single mile between us right now.”
- “You know how the song goes: all I want for Christmas is you.”
- “I’m kinda jealous of all the people who get to see you every day.”
- “Just wanted to drop by your inbox and see if you’re thinking of me…”
- “So…what are you thinking about right now?”
More Like This: 20 Texts to Make Him Ask You Out
Sexy Texts to Make Him Miss You
One of the most powerful motivators for men is the physical. Tempting him with sexy texts is sure to make him long for you like nothing else will.
Use the following texts when you’re secure in your relationship and you’re ready to take things to a more mature level. We guarantee they’ll have him hurrying to answer you.
- “I can think of a few interesting things I’m going to do to you the next time I see you…”
- “What would you do if I were in bed with you right now?”
- “Whenever I wake up in the morning, I hope I’ll find you under the covers with me.”
- “I’ll send you a picture/video of anything you want. What would you like to see? ”
- “I dare you to send me a picture that will make me blush.”
- “How about we get on the phone soon and I’ll do whatever you say during the call?”
- “If I could, I’d teleport to your bedroom right now.”
- “I really need you to fill the empty side of my bed.”
- “Want to facetime later? I’ll wear whatever you want me to…”
- “Guess what? I’m laying in bed right now, and I may not be wearing anything…”
And if you ever get bored of just sending him plain old sexy texts, there are tons of naughty games you can play with him by text. One of our favorites is truth or dare. Here are 40+ dirty things to dare a guy over text for you to try out…
Here’s How to Make Him Desperately Crave You
Are you still feeling worried about keeping his interest in a long-distance relationship? That’s okay – we understand that it’s hard to figure out what to say. That’s why we wrote this guide in the first place.
Rest assured that there are still plenty of untapped resources out there to support you. We recommend the Text Chemistry program for woman in all stages of relationship, from brand-new to years-long relationships.
It’s designed specifically to teach women stronger texting skills. If you often find yourself struggling to write the perfect text, this could be a great resource for you. It’s simple and will teach you tons of ways you can use text messages to get into his head.