DATE AT AN EXPERT LEVEL
Looking for some texts to make a man miss you? You’ve come to the right place. If you’re in a long-distance relationship or just want to make sure your man does not stop thinking about you, then keep reading.
We’ve compiled a long list of cute texts that will keep him from losing interest.
Let’s get started…
Some Basic Advice for Text Messages
Even the best text messages won’t be worth much if you do other things to tarnish your long-distance relationship. Backing out of a relationship is in many ways easier when you’re far apart; he doesn’t have to deal with the possibility of running into you anywhere.
This is why it’s important to be even more careful than usual when you’re texting in a long-distance relationship. We’ve discussed texting etiquette in many other articles, but it’s worth bringing up again here as a reminder…
For starters, don’t make it seem as if your world revolves around him. Don’t answer all of his text messages within minutes and don’t always be available whenever he wants to call you.
Not only is this important to do because it means he won’t take you for granted, but it’s important for your own mental and emotional health. You need to have a satisfying life outside of him to be happy as a person.
Be sure you’re also not texting him too much. You get a bit more flexibility than you would in a traditional relationship since more of your communication will be done by text. However, you still probably don’t want to make it a habit of sending him several texts in a row.
If you do, you’ll only smother him with your attention. Give him breathing space and time to answer you. This will show him that, if you’re able to live closer in the future, you won’t be clinging to him the entire time.
Don’t forget to have fun, too! You’re in a relationship because you like the guy. Talking to him shouldn’t feel like a chore.
Yes, a little nervousness and tension is normal. All relationships have their ups and downs…but if your relationship is down more often than it’s up, you might want to re-evaluate it whether it’s right for you.
Texts to Make Him Miss You
We’ve conveniently divided the texts we came up with into three categories: sweet, flirty, and sexy. That way, if there’s a particular way you want to make him feel, you’ll know exactly which section to go to.
Every man is different. We can’t guarantee that there will be a text message on this list that will feel completely perfect for every guy out there. You can feel free to make changes to them as necessary for a better fit.
Texts for Long Distance Relationship
For the right couple, a long distance relationship can work out just right and even be a lot of fun. However, when you spend time apart for that long, either you or your guy can lose interest and even stop texting.
Thankfully, you can use plenty of text messages to make him miss you and stay interested. Flirty texts can make your guy miss you and create a good memory that will help your relationship feel more real and exciting. If you want him to miss you like crazy, these are the best text for your significant partner:
- “Hey baby, I started thinking about you hours ago and just haven’t stopped. Got time for a little Face Time so I can see that beautiful face?”
- “Every morning, your text messages remind me that I’m crazy about you and miss you like crazy. You’re an amazing guy and I love you madly.”
- “Even when I have a rough day, I think I’m the luckiest girl because I have a guy like you in my life. I miss you and love you madly and hope to see you soon!”
- “Baby, I’m crazy about you and feel bad that I can’t see your smile and kiss your lips more often. But I think you’re worth the wait: true love always is!”
- “I spend time thinking about you just before I go to sleep every night. Even though it’s just me in bed, I have a good memory of my favorite guy and will wait for you, no matter what.”
- “Here’s the plan for tonight. First, you and I talk while we eat a shared dinner. Then, we can watch our favorite movie without talking. Then, we dream about each other tonight again. When we get back together like this together, I’m having a lot of fun. Can’t wait to hear back from you.”
- “Here’s something that might make you smile: a picture of me and the dog! I know you miss her almost as much as you miss me. We’re both crazy about you, so let’s make sure we get together soon, baby.”
- “Do you know what my favorite words are when I think about you? Desire. Missing you. Crazy about you. Glad you’re in my life. So don’t feel bad, baby. I know I’ll get to see your smile and hear your voice soon. Even when we take time just talking on the phone, you’re still my favorite person.”
- “Your flirty texts make my life that much better, especially when you send those naughty pics you know I like so much. Maybe tonight I’ll send you one where I’m wearing nothing but a smile. You don’t want to miss that!”
- “My friends always try to give me their so-called “professional advice” about how we should spend our time together. I realize they’re trying to be helpful, but they forget the little things. Like texting ‘I love you’ in the morning or seeing your smile in video chat when I say something naughty. I’m so lucky you’re my partner: you truly ‘get” us and know how to have fun as a couple!”
- “Hey, you amazing guy, here’s something sweet you can think about tonight: I love you and miss you all the time and am one happy woman knowing that you’re there, waiting for me.”
- “Every day with you is a gift, no matter how hard long distance feels sometimes. But, do you realize we’ve been together all this time, having fun with our text message romance, while my best friend already has a new partner? I think that just proves that we’re meant to be. Bet that puts a smile on your face!”
- “You know the old saying that says ‘absence makes the heart grow fonder’? I think it’s true because I miss you all the time. I need you here ASAP, sexy. Let’s make that happen soon.”
- “I just wanted to let you know that you’re amazing, handsome, funny, and the best man I’ve ever met. I hope you realize that my interest will remain strong, no matter what. You’re worth waiting for, even though I’m missing you something fierce!”
- “The best texts are those that make you respond with something sweet for your significant other. But if you open the picture I just sent you, you’ll find something more than sweet! Hopefully, that pic gives you something to think about as you lie in bed at night.”
- “Just a reminder! You’re expressly permitted to feel sad or miss me from time to time. But even though we’re missing each other, just realize that we’ll be together soon and that we’ll kiss each other’s smile very soon. I love you more than I can say in text messages.”
- “Just wanted to let you know that you’re the best person I know, an amazing partner and that my women friends are jealous of us. Isn’t that a great way to start the day?”
- “I know you’re working and can’t respond till later, but I just wanted you to know I love you. I hope to see your sweet face ASAP.”
Sweet Texts to Make Him Miss You
A little romance goes a long way in relationships – even long-distance ones. The following texts are designed to show him you care about him.
Some take a more practical approach by indicating you remember details about his daily life. Others are cheesier and are perfect for making him smile at his phone.
- “I was just thinking about our first date. I had so much fun!”
- “Do you remember how we met?”
- “I’m missing you so much right now.”
- “I wish you were lying here next to me.”
- “If I could be anywhere in the world right now, it would be with you.”
- “We might be hundreds of miles apart, but I feel like you’re right beside me.”
- “I can’t wait for the day I get to wake up beside you.”
- “If I could wish for anything right now, I’d wish to be with you.”
- “Hey, I remember you said you had an interview today. How did it go?”
- “I really miss the sound of your voice. Think we could get on a call later?”
- “I love when I see your name pop up on my screen.”
- “Every time someone knocks on my door, I hope that it’s you surprising me.”
- “Before I met you, I said I’d never do a long-distance relationship. But here we are, and I think it’s totally worth it.”
- “I’ll do anything to make it work with you.”
- “I’m counting down the days until I see you again.”
- “I’d fly all the way across the world just to kiss you.”
- “It’s too bad your arms can’t reach all the way here. I’d love to wrap myself in them.”
- “You’re worth the wait.”
- “I know I’m not physically there, but I’m still here for you.”
- “A thousand miles is nothing compared to what I feel for you.”
- “I have to change my sleep schedule just to talk to you…but I don’t regret it at all.”
- “Just thinking about you makes me fall in love over and over again.”
- “I don’t know if I’ll be able to leave your side again the next time I see you.”
- “No matter how far apart we get, I’ll always come back to you.”
- “I’m so happy you picked me, even though there are other people closer to you.”
You Might Also Like: 50 Texts to Make Him Feel Special (And Maybe Give Him Butterflies)
Flirty Texts to Make Him Miss You
If all you did was eat sweets, you’d quickly get sick of them. The same thing applies to sweet, romantic texts – they’re great in moderation, but your relationship will lack any real substance if that’s the only way you talk to each other.
Flirty texts like these are great for when you want something with some personality. Sending him these texts will make him laugh or push him to make plans with you.
- “Just wanted to drop in and remind you how cute you are.”
- “I feel like you must have bought a one-way ticket to my heart.”
- Send him a selfie you feel good about.
- “Just had a crappy day. A picture of your handsome face might make me feel better.”
- “Am I appearing in your dreams as much as you’ve been appearing in mine?”
- “I was trying to mail you something cute, but I don’t think I’d fit in your mailbox…”
- “They say absence makes the heart grow fonder. In that case, we’ll be head over heels for each other in no time.”
- “How can you make me smile so much when you’re not even here?”
- “Is it weird that I pretend you’re here with me sometimes?”
- “I can’t wait to kiss you again.”
- “Let’s both order pizza tonight and pretend we’re having dinner together.”
- “What should we do the next time we see each other?”
- “Let’s find a game we can play together online. I bet I can beat you every time.”
- “Want to binge watch a new show with me? We can watch it at the same time.”
- “Waking up to your face would be better than any cup of coffee.”
- “Where’s the first place you’d take me if I was there with you?”
- “How far do you think a kiss can travel if I blow one in your direction?”
- “If I had a dollar for every time I daydreamed about you, I don’t think I’d need to work again.”
- “You need to come see me soon. My cat/dog is starting to miss you!”
- “I can’t stop looking at pictures of you. Send me a new one?”
- “The next time I see you, I’m going to kiss you for every single mile between us right now.”
- “You know how the song goes: all I want for Christmas is you.”
- “I’m kinda jealous of all the people who get to see you every day.”
- “Just wanted to drop by your inbox and see if you’re thinking of me…”
- “So…what are you thinking about right now?”
More Like This: 20 Texts to Make Him Ask You Out
Sexy Texts to Make Him Miss You
One of the most powerful motivators for men is the physical. Tempting him with sexy texts is sure to make him long for you like nothing else will.
Use the following texts when you’re secure in your relationship and you’re ready to take things to a more mature level. We guarantee they’ll have him hurrying to answer you.
- “I can think of a few interesting things I’m going to do to you the next time I see you…”
- “What would you do if I were in bed with you right now?”
- “Whenever I wake up in the morning, I hope I’ll find you under the covers with me.”
- “I’ll send you a picture/video of anything you want. What would you like to see? :)”
- “I dare you to send me a picture that will make me blush.”
- “How about we get on the phone soon and I’ll do whatever you say during the call?”
- “If I could, I’d teleport to your bedroom right now.”
- “I really need you to fill the empty side of my bed.”
- “Want to facetime later? I’ll wear whatever you want me to…”
- “Guess what? I’m laying in bed right now, and I may not be wearing anything…”
And if you ever get bored of just sending him plain old sexy texts, there are tons of naughty games you can play with him by text. One of our favorites is truth or dare. Here are 40+ dirty things to dare a guy over text for you to try out…
Some Tips for Writing Text Messages That Make Him Miss You
These text messages should make your man miss you and get him to respond without fail. But what if you’re a creative type who wants to write unique text messages for your partner?
If you want to make your partner miss you and send sweet text messages back to you, here are a few tips you can keep in mind. They’ll make him genuinely feel your absence and do what he can to see you again.
Add a Sweet or Sexy Photo
Adding a photo to your text message helps let your guy know what he’s missing. A sweet photo with flirty texts, such as a photo of you and your dog, will make him miss you like crazy.
However, a revealing or somewhat sex photo with flirty texts works even better, depending on your relationship and how it has progressed.
Try a combination of different photos with your flirty texts to make him want you in his life for good. Be funny with your text and let him know you’re a fun person.
Getting him to comment on your photos also ensures that you get a new text from your partner and helps to keep your communication active and exciting.
Vary Up Your Text’s Style
Too many sweet messages may be off-putting to some guys because it might seem like you’re trying too hard. Likewise, too many sexy messages may cause him to comment as well.
The trick here is putting up a few different text styles and keeping him guessing. One message can be funny and silly, such as your favorite cat meme.
Another message can be a sexy photo with a bit of flirt. Flirty texts are such a fun way to make him miss you and ensure he doesn’t stop texting you.
Make Your Guy Feel Special With Your Flirty Texts
You can also make him miss you by making him feel good about himself. Guys love compliments, especially when paired or alternated with flirty texts.
Let him know that you love him, tweak your text messages for his personality, and emphasize how much you miss him. In this way, you can make your man miss you in no time.
Know What He Likes as a Person
If you want to make him miss you, focus your texts on his personality and what he likes as a person. What would make your guy miss you the most? Does he miss your long chats or those passionate nights in bed together?
Focus on these beautiful moments when writing your flirty texts. When you remind him of what you bring to his life, you will make him miss you wildly and get him to your house ASAP.
Even better, focusing on what he likes will drive him crazy thinking about you. He’ll miss you something fierce and might even show up at your house unannounced with a bottle of wine and sexy intentions.
Be Careful With Flirty Texts
While flirty texts can be a fantastic way to make your guy miss you, they do have a downside. You should trust your guy entirely before you send any compromising flirty texts or any photos.
We’re not saying that you can’t trust your guy with flirty text messages. But there’s nothing worse than trying to make him miss you and find out he’s sharing your photos with his buddies.
Even if he’s trying to make his friends jealous of your sexiness, sharing naughty and flirty text messages with others is never a good thing.
Know What Kind of Person He Is When He Shares Your Photos
Honestly, your partner is only likely to share a message with others like this if they’re not a great person. So you need to truly trust your partner and know that they’re not the kind of person to share a naughty message before you send one.
Thankfully, if your guy is genuinely in love with you and wants to remain your partner for a long time, they’re not likely to share these texts.
So play it by ear before putting any pictures on text messages that could be shared on a site online. Once a photo is on a site, it’s hard to get it off again.
Just What You Need to Make Him Desperately Crave You
Are you still feeling worried about keeping his interest in a long-distance relationship? That’s okay – we understand that it’s hard to figure out what to say. That’s why we wrote this guide in the first place.