When a guy calls you cute, it can mean several different things. If you’re wondering how to decode this compliment, you’re in the right place.
Let’s get started…
What Does it Mean When a Guy Calls You Cute?
1. He Finds You Attractive
One of the main reasons a guy will call you cute is because he is flirting with you. He might think that you’re attractive and he wants to let you know.
The best way to respond when a guy calls you cute is with another flirtatious comment like: “Aww, thank you!” or flirt back by saying “You’re cute too!”
If the guy doesn’t seem like he’s flirting or if you don’t want to flirt with him, then you can respond by saying something more friendly. For example: “Thanks!”
Cute is a fairly common way for guys to describe girls that they’re into because it doesn’t sound too strong or threatening.
2. He Sees You Like A Little Sister
“Cute” is also a word that is used to describe little kids, puppies, and kittens. When a guy calls you cute, it might mean that he thinks of you as his sister or daughter – in other words, someone who is younger than him. He’s probably not into you when he says that!
If you’re looking for a guy who will be more mature and take your relationship seriously, it might not be the best idea to date someone who calls you “cute.” If this is what you really want, you’re probably better off looking for someone who will treat you like an equal.
3. He Thinks You’re Out of His League
If a guy calls you cute, it’s probably because he doesn’t think that he can have a relationship with someone as attractive and smart as you.
When a guy uses this tactic, what he really means is: “I’m not good enough for you.” In other words, he is avoidant attachment. If you find yourself dating someone with this attachment style, keep in mind that your relationship is going to have a lot of issues and it probably won’t last very long.
4. He Thinks You Have a Great Personality
Sometimes a guy will call you cute because he thinks that your personality is amazing. In other words, when he says “You’re so cute,” what he’s really saying is: “I think you’re cool.”
In this case, it might mean that the two of you are just friends and nothing more. But if there’s an attraction between the two of you, it could mean that he’s interested in dating you. If you feel confident enough to do so, ask him out on a date.
5. He Wants You To Feel Good About Yourself
WATCH NOW >>
VIDEO REVEALS: Words That Send Shivers Up a Man's Spine and Make Him OBSESS OVER You
He may be calling you cute as a way to cheer you up or make you feel good. He might think that “cute” is the kindest word he can use to describe how amazing you are.
If this happens, just let him know what a sweetheart he is and thank him for saying so! It’s always nice when someone cares about your feelings enough to say something like that.
However, if he is telling you you’re cute to cheer you up, it’s less likely that he means it romantically. You’ll need to hear more from him to get clear on exactly what this means.
6. He’s Having Fun With You
Sometimes a guy will say “You’re so cute” as a way to have fun with you. He has gotten comfortable and while you two aren’t romantically involved yet, he wants to start suggesting that you might be.
If this happens, he is probably interested in dating you and wants to let you know it!
7. He’s Letting You Down Gently
If you’ve ever heard the sentence “You’re cute but…” You may have been disappointed to hear the rest of what he had to say.
If a guy says this, it’s probably because there is no attraction between you two or that your personalities aren’t suited for one another. If this happens, remember that every person has their own preferences and you’re allowed to have yours too!
How to Respond When a Guy Calls You Cute
1. I know I am, thank you.
2. You make me feel cute!
3. Takes one to know one! 😉
4. Thanks babe, I tried to put in a little extra effort today.
5. I’m so glad that you feel that way about me, it makes me feel so special.
6. I appreciate you for saying that.
7. Wow, you know how to make a girl feel great!
8. Thank you, and you’re the cutest person I know!
9. You’re just a cuteness overload!
10. Your good looks must have rubbed off on me. 😉
11. Are you sure you’re not mistaking me for someone else?
12. I’m glad that we share the same opinion.
13. I’ve been waiting to hear that from you all day. Thanks, babe.
14. It’s about time you said something! I’ve been wondering what you were thinking all day.
15. If you think I look cute now, wait and see what I put on tonight. 😉
16. You always know the right thing to say at the right time. Thank you.
17. That’s the nicest thing anyone said to me today.
18. I look the cutest in my birthday suit, but thanks for appreciating this outfit! 😉
19. Cuteness is an ancient family secret. I’ll never tell you why I look this way!
20. I think we are both cute and totally matched!
21. You’re only saying that to get in my good graces! Well, you’re in.
22. So do you like seeing me this way? It’s all for your benefit, of course…
23. Cute like a cute little kid? Or cute like a sexy kitten?
24. You’re definitely making me blush right now. Thank you!
25. I’m not nearly as cute as you, but I’m always trying!
My name is Jenny and I love helping people with their relationships. I believe a few simple tips can help people massively improve their communication skills with their partners and really express themselves. Thanks for visiting!
Table of Contents