It’s your ex boyfriend’s birthday! But now you’re not together anymore. You miss him and want to wish him a happy birthday – but what can you say?
This article is filled with 60 touching birthday messages for your ex boyfriend that will show just how much he means to you, even though things aren’t the same as they once were.
60 Birthday Wishes for Ex Boyfriends
Here are 60 birthday wishes for your ex boyfriend that are sure to get you back into his thoughts. You can use any of these messages, or just pick the ones that seem right for you and your relationship. Whatever works best!
Happy Birthday Ex Boyfriend Quick Messages
1. “Thinking of you, have a great day and a very happy birthday!”
2. “Happy birthday, I hope it’s everything you’ve ever wanted.”
3. “Enjoy this day and I’m sending you birthday wishes, you deserve it.”
4. “I wanted to be the first one to wish you a happy birthday sweetheart!”
5. “Yay! It’s your day, I hope it is amazing and that you have the best birthday celebration ever”
6. “Happy Birthday, have an awesome year ahead of you.”
7. “Another year older and wiser. Happy birthday and have a great day.”
8. “Happy birthday, I hope you have a wonderful year ahead of you!”
9. “Here’s to another awesome year! Happy birthday wishes for you.”
10. “Happy birthday, I hope you get some good gifts and a slice of cake.”
11. “I’m so happy to be your friend on this special occasion! You’re such a good friend and I hope you have a fantastic birthday celebration.”
12. “Birthdays are meant to be celebrated, so go all out and have a great day.”
13. “Happy birthday! I hope you get everything you ever wanted on this special day!”
14. “Do something nice for yourself today and have a lovely birthday.”
15. “It’s your birthday, do whatever you want!”
Happy Birthday Wishes When You Still Have Feelings for Him
16. “It’s hard to be away from you on your birthday, but I hope you have a great day.”
17. “Wishing I could be there with you to celebrate your birthday – have the best day!”
18. “I wish I could hug you and tell you how much I love you on your birthday!”
19. “I’m sending you all of my love and happy wishes for a great day.”
20. “I still think about you all the time, on your birthday and every day. I hope that someday we can be together again.”
21. “Thinking of you on your birthday and missing you a lot.”
22. “You’re my favorite person to celebrate birthdays with. I hope we can do that again someday.”
23. “It’s not the same without you here on your birthday, but I’m sending all my love your way.”
WATCH NOW >>
VIDEO REVEALS: Sneaky "Reverse Psychology Trick" to Get Your Ex Boyfriend Back FAST
24. “Happy birthday! Even though we’re not together anymore, I still wish you all the happiness in the world.”
25. “You’re the one that got away, and I still think about you all the time. I hope you have a great birthday.”
26. “It was always a pleasure to celebrate your birthday, and I hope that someday we can do it again.”
27. “You’re the best thing that ever happened to me. I want you to know that as you celebrate yourself on this special day.”
28. “Breakups can be hard, and I don’t think I’m over ours yet. But I hope you have a great birthday.”
29. “I know that we’re not together anymore, but I still want you to know how much I love and miss you on your birthday.”
30. “I wish we could be together on this special day, but I’ll be sending all my love from miles away.”
31. “There are so many beautiful memories of us together on your birthday. I hope you have a great day.”
32. “Happy birthday dear, I hope that all your dreams come true. I am simply dreaming that I get one more chance to be yours again.”
33. “Birthday greetings from your ex girlfriend. Even though we are not together anymore, I still wish you all the happiness in the world.”
34. “It’s really hard to be away from you on your birthday, but I’m sending all my love and good thoughts your way.”
35. “I hope that you’re having a delicious slice of birthday cake right now. Sending you romantic birthday wishes from miles away.”
36. “Happy birthday friend. Even though I wish we were together to celebrate, I know you’re going to have a fantastic day.”
37. “I hope your birthday is as wonderful as you are and that you get a big delicious slice of birthday cake.
38. “Sending many loving birthday wishes your way. It’s hard to be apart but as long as we remain friends I can continue to send you birthday messages.”
39. “Happy birthday! I hope that all your wishes come true on this special day. My only wish is that we can be together again.”
40. “Let me know what your birthday wish is and I’ll do everything I can to bring it true so you can have a nice birthday.”
Happy Birthday Wishes for Ex Boyfriend When You Know It’s Over
41. “It can be strange to send birthday messages for ex boyfriends, but I know our friendship can withstand this. Have a wonderful day and happy birthday.”
42. “Happy birthday ex boyfriend! We have so many beautiful memories and I hope you enjoy making new ones on your special day.”
42. “I’m so grateful that we are good friends and I’m sending you warm birthday wishes for your special day.”
43. Have a very happy birthday! I know it’s been a challenge to move on but I hope you find the happiness you deserve.”
44. “Happy birthday to one of my favorite people in the whole world. I know it didn’t work out exactly how we had hoped, but instead of gaining an ex boyfriend, I’ve gained a best friend.”
45. “Happy birthday ex boyfriend! Who would have thought that we would still be friends after all that we’ve been through? I’m really glad we are.”
46. “I don’t know what our future holds, but I hope you have a fantastic birthday full of everything you love.”
47. “Your birthday is always bittersweet to me because it reminds me of how much I loved being with you. I hope you have a great day.”
48. “Even though our relationship didn’t work out, I want you to know that I still think the world of you. Have a great birthday.”
49. “It still hurts to think about us, but I hope you have a fantastic day on your special day.”
50. “Happy happy birthday ex boyfriend! I wish nothing but the best for you on this day and always. Who knows, we may receive the gift of getting back together again someday.”
Touching Birthday Message for Ex Boyfriend Who Is Sad
51. “Happy birthday dear. I’m so sorry that you’re feeling down on your special day. I wish that you could feel my love for you even though we are not together anymore.”
52. “Your birthday is a reminder of all the good times we had and how much I miss being with you. I hope you have a good day.”
53. “I know it’s hard to be away from each other on your birthday, but I’m sending all my love and good thoughts your way.”
54. “I know you’re still hurting after our break up, but I want you to have a very happy birthday and I hope that you can move on as I have.”
55. “I know that we’ve broken up and it still hurts, but I’m sending you all my love on your birthday even though we’re apart now.”
56. “Happy birthday ex boyfriend! It’s hard to be away from each other like this, but we can eventually move on. I hope you have a great day.”
57. “I’m sorry that we’re not together on your birthday, but I’m sending all my love to you across the miles. Have a fantastic day!”
58. “Your birthday is always so tough for me because it reminds me of how much I miss being with you. But I know we are better apart and should remain good friends.”
59. “It’s your birthday today and I’m wishing you an awesome day. I know it’s harder to find happiness now that we aren’t together but I know you will have a happy life.”
60. “Have a very happy birthday and remember that I care about you despite the fact that we can’t be together.”
What Should I Say to My Ex Boyfriend on His Birthday?
You may be wondering what you should say to your ex boyfriend on his birthday. There are a few guidelines you can follow to make sure that you’re sending him the right message:
Don’t Pressure Him to Get Back Together
You should never pressure your ex boyfriend to get back together on his birthday. If you’re hoping that this is the day he will finally see how much he misses you and come crawling back, then don’t say anything because it could ruin all of your chances with him for good!
Don’t Make Him Feel Guilty About Being Happy
If your ex boyfriend has already moved on and is happy with someone else, then you should never make him feel guilty about being happy, especially on his birthday.
If he’s in a relationship or if he seems to be really enjoying his single life, don’t say anything that might push him away because the last thing you want is for him to shut down. Just say something nice and move on.
Don’t Bring up the Past
Your ex boyfriend might be happier if you don’t bring up anything that involves his birthday and your past. This is a day for him to feel good about himself and what he’s accomplished, not dwell in memories of how things used to be with you two.
Be Sensitive to the Situation
It doesn’t matter what you decide to say, but the most important thing is that you take into consideration how he might be feeling on his birthday. If he seems a little down or upset about something at all, then try not to put him in an even worse mood by telling him something negative as well.
If possible, take the day off and plan a special birthday date or surprise to cheer him up.
Last but not least, try to stay positive and upbeat with your ex. Even though you may be feeling sad about the fact that he’s moved on or is no longer interested in being with you, don’t let this come through when talking to him.
If nothing else comes up during a birthday conversation, then just keep it casual and upbeat instead of reminding him that you miss him or wish things could go back to the way they were.
How Do You Say Happy Birthday to an Ex You Still Love?
If you still have feelings for you ex boyfriend and are wondering what the best way to say happy birthday to him, then you have a few options. You can either choose to:
Send Him a Card or Email
If you want to take things slow and send your ex boyfriend a card or email on his birthday, this is definitely the way to go. It’s less personal than a phone call but it still shows that you care and took the time to write something special for him.
If you’re feeling brave enough, you can always call your ex boyfriend on his birthday. This shows that you want to talk to him in person and might be a way to start rebuilding some of the bridges that have been burned between the two of you.
Go to His Birthday Party
If your ex boyfriend is throwing a birthday party, you can always show up and wish him happy birthday in person. This might be a little bit awkward but it’s still the most personal way to say happy birthday to an ex.
No matter what option you choose, just make sure that your feelings for him don’t affect your behavior in any way. If you go overboard with the flattery or seem too clingy, it could come off as desperate and scare him away for good. Don’t pressure him to get back together when he’s already made up his mind about being done with you!
Just be yourself and let things progress naturally at their own speed.
Is It Ok to Wish an Ex Boyfriend Happy Birthday?
If you’re wondering whether or not it’s okay to wish your ex boyfriend happy birthday, the answer is yes. Even though things might be unresolved between the two of you and he may have made it clear that he doesn’t want anything serious with you anymore, this still isn’t an excuse to stop caring about him as a person.
Don’t Say Anything Negative
If possible, try not to say anything negative about your ex boyfriend’s new love interest. If you still have feelings for him and are hoping that he’ll come back to you someday, then what do you really gain by making his current girlfriend feel bad? Stay positive and focus on the good things in life instead of dwelling on past mistakes!
Don’t Remind Him of Your Past Relationship
Just because you have a history with your ex boyfriend doesn’t mean that he’s always going to feel nostalgic about it. If anything, the past is only going to make him miss what he once had and want things to go back there even less! Avoid this by staying away from topics involving his birthday or any other major event in your past together.
Be careful with your words and try to think about how he might react before you say anything. If it sounds like something that could potentially make him upset, then it’s probably not a good idea to bring it up.
Wishing an ex boyfriend a happy birthday doesn’t have to be complicated as long as you keep the above points in mind. It might be really hard for you to handle the fact that he’s moved on and is no longer interested in pursuing a relationship with you, but try not to let this come across when talking to him.
Happy birthday wishes can make or break your relationships, so it’s important to know exactly what you want before sending them out to the world. Remember that all you can do is wish your ex boyfriend a happy birthday and let him know how much he means to you, but it’s up to him whether or not he wants anything more than friendship from you in return.
My name is Jenny and I love helping people with their relationships. I believe a few simple tips can help people massively improve their communication skills with their partners and really express themselves. Thanks for visiting!