Imagine you’re having an unbelievably crappy day. Maybe you failed a test, your boss is being difficult, you lost your phone, or your dog made a mess in your house.
Whatever the reason, you’re feel stressed out. You have a headache forming behind your eyes and you catch yourself wondering if it can get any worse.
But then the guy you’ve been crushing on sends you a text. He could say any number of things, but what matters most is he said just the right thing to make you smile. For a moment, your whole day feels a bit better.
Texting the guy you’re into is an easy way to perk him up – exactly like how it perks you up when he texts you. Finding the right words to say is the tricky part, though, so we’ve written over 50 things to text him to make his day.
Let’s show you what we came up with.
Texting Responsibly (So You Don’t Drive Him Away)
We’ve written a lot of texting guides. In every single one, we think it’s never a bad idea to cover some basic texting rules so you don’t end up ruining his day rather than making it.
The first thing to remember is to not flood him with texts. If he doesn’t answer you right away, remember that he’s likely busy with work, school, friends, or family. He’ll get back to you when he can, especially if he truly likes you. (If he never answers you, here’s our guide to what to text when a guy doesn’t reply.)
Another thing to remember when you want to make his day is your tone. Try to keep your tone in the text upbeat. In the event he’s just had a bad day, any negativity from you could make it even worse.
Finally, be sure you’re not too readily available. If you always answer him the instant he texts you, he may start to take you for granted.
Periodically, take some time to answer him, even if you have nothing else going on. This demonstrates to him that you’ve got a life outside of him and makes him curious about what you’re doing.
Read Also: How to Text a Guy - The Ultimate Guide
Things to Text Him to Make His Day
We’ve divided the texts we wrote into four different categories:
To ensure you can find the best one for your situation, we’ll explain when you would use each category. And in the event you can’t find a text that feels perfect for him, check out the Text Chemistry course. We love how many useful and sneaky tips it has for totally transforming your texting game.
Fun Things to Text Him to Make His Day
Want something that will make him laugh or immediately put some pep into his step? A funny text message like one of the following is perfect.
Each text is lighthearted in tone. Many of them even hint at something you can do that will make his day as excellent as it can be. Guys like treats as much as the next person, after all!
- “What are you in the mood for tonight? I’ll make you anything you want for dinner.”
- “Guess what? I’ve got a surprise for you!”
- “Screw it. Let’s have a lazy night in bed and order pizza.”
- “You know what I think you need? A massage from me.”
- “What’s sweet, hot, and amazingly tasty? You! ”
- “Want to go on a random adventure this weekend?”
- “If you could eat at any restaurant tonight, which one would be? Maybe someone will surprise you…”
- “Want to play a texting game?”
- “If you could have one wish, what would it be?”
- “Want to go see a movie this weekend? Tickets are on me.”
- Send him a picture or a meme that you know he’ll love.
- “Looks like I may have gotten an extra coffee…whoops! Let me swing by and drop it off for you.”
- “I know exactly how to cheer you up: tacos.”
- “I think you should come over tonight. My dog/cat is starting to miss you. *followed by a picture of your pet*”
- Text him a cheesy joke! If you can’t think of any, there are tons for you to use online.
- “Want to play hooky together tomorrow?”
- “Let’s stay up late and watch scary movies tonight. I promise I’ll protect you. ”
Read More Like This: 45+ Texts to Make Him Laugh at Work
Sexy Things to Text Him to Make His Day
One of the fastest and easiest ways to cheer a man up is to tantalize him with sexiness. Sending him any of the following texts will get his blood pumping and make him desperately crave seeing you again.
Warning: you might be slammed with texts from him demanding to see you ASAP.
- “Have I ever told you that you’re the best kisser I’ve ever kissed?”
- “How about I model some of my new lingerie for you this evening?”
- “Got some cherry chapstick today. Want to taste it later?”
- “I can’t stop thinking about what you did last night…”
- “Mind if I come over tonight?”
- “Tell me anything you want to see, and I’ll send you a picture of it.”
- “There’s a whole empty side of my bed that I think needs to be filled.”
- “I’m imagining this straw I’m sucking on is you right now…”
More Inspiration: 10 Things to Text a Guy to Make Him Blush (That Work Every Time)
Sweet Things to Text Him to Make His Day
They might not always like to admit it, but guys like a little romance here and there, too. Saying something cheesy or sweet to him could be perfect for boosting him.
Texts like these work especially well when you’ve just started officially dating, or when you’ve both confessed having romantic feelings for each other.
- “I may be at work right now, but I’d rather be in bed with you.”
- “Just wanted to drop by your inbox and remind you that you’re amazing.”
- “I feel like I’m the luckiest person in the world every time I’m with you.”
- “When I text you, do you smile as much as I do when you text me?”
- “You make me smile so much, my face hurts.”
- “Don’t forget – I’m always here for you.”
- “Everyone is so jealous that I’m with you.”
- “I’m grateful I have you.”
- “I just want to remind you that I’m proud of you and how hard you work.”
- “Thank you for everything that you do for me.”
- “Here’s your daily reminder that I love you.”
- “I always get butterflies in my stomach when I think of you.”
- “Heaven for me is being wrapped up in your arms.”
- “My favorite color is the color of your eyes.”
- “You have the handsomest smile I’ve ever seen.”
- “No one makes me laugh as hard as you do.”
- “You’re perfect.”
Need help nudging him into a relationship? Here are 15 texts to make him commit.
Flirty Things to Text Him to Make His Day
Sometimes, you want to combine playful and sweet without getting overtly sexual. Anything that can’t really be categorized that’s directed at making him think about you all day is something we’re defining as flirty.
- Send him a selfie you look great in. Make it sexy or cute – it’s up to you!
- “The only way my day could be better is if I got to wake up next to you.”
- “If someone asked me to describe my perfect man, I’m pretty sure I’d just describe you.”
- “If you spend any more time in my thoughts, I might have to start charging you rent!”
- “The only thing that can make me feel better is the company of a handsome man. Know anyone who might be up for the job? ”
- “In case no one has told you today….you’re handsome!”
- “I’m wearing one of your t-shirts right now. I don’t think I look nearly as good in it as you do!”
- “What would you want to do if I were with you right now?”
- “Snuggling with you is one of my favorite things.”
- “I miss your handsome face. Send me a picture!”
- “If anyone asks me who the sexiest guy in the world is, I’ll just show them a picture of you.”
What Should You Do If You Still Don’t Know What to Say?
Each man is unique. It’s difficult to write text messages that will work for literally everyone, since every guy has his own special interests and passions that make him tick.
If you’re still struggling to figure out what to say, one of the best things you can do is work to build your understanding of male psychology. We highly recommend the Devotion System for just that purpose.
It’s a program that was written by love expert Amy North. In the program, she’ll help you gain an intimate understanding of how men think – and therefore how to write the perfect messages for different types of guys.